Spot tracker info

Hey everyone! You can find a link to our SPOT tracker below:


Also check out the Watertribe challenge mapper at:

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Paint Scheme

With just a few days to go before the race, most of the 'big' items had been knocked out, so there wasn't much left to do except paint. The original exterior latex paint held up pretty well, so I decided to go that route again. It's also cheap! I repainted the boat with two quarts of Valspar Duramax. I wanted to do a two-tone paint scheme but keep the Rise's original yellow heritage. I gave myself 15 minutes for paint color selection and finally went with a desaturated blue-gray on the sides and bottom and yellow on top, somewhat but not quite navy blue and gold colors. The actual color names (for next time) are Smoky Pitch and Sunspark. The first coat of yellow got mixed with Marinepoxy non-skid additive from Duckworks to give us better grip on the deck, and the second coat was done plain to seal it out. I still haven't seen it in the daytime, but I think it looks at least a little more interesting.




We also built some hiking benches which will get the job done during the race. Thanks to Gary Dierking (the Wa'apa's designer) for the reminder. Now I just need to reattach all the rigging on the deck, pack up, and head out. See you on the starting line!

No comments:

Post a Comment